Monday, June 7, 2010

An interesting weekend

This weekend, the family made our first trip to Texas....Dallas/Ft Worth to be more precise.

While I think if I was going to go shopping, I'd love it...I don't think I will ever go back. There are simply WAAAYYYYY too many people...way too much congestion and traffic...and while I am sure it is a fine place, in its way, I can shop online, thank-you-very-much. We moved here to get away from such....'stuff' (traffic, large population centers, etc).

Anyway, that was my weekend. Hot, dry, and definitely something I don't care to repeat anytime soon. We did visit with some great friends, which was the only *good* part about it. But I don't think I will be encouraging any returns to Texas any time soon...

Blech!

That being said, I am trying to get caught up around the house, and online, as well, and found this http://www.c-fam.org/publications/id.1641/pub_detail.asp article and website. Very interesting, even for the non-Catholics out there. These issues should, to my mind, concern all people, Christian or not. But most especially, the Christian faithful.

Anyway, that was some of the morning's gleanings from my email inbox and other assorted online reading. I've got a ton of laundry to do, housekeeping (general) to do, and plans to make for the rest of the week. Fortunately, I have an understanding husband, and he specifically told me to *not* do anything outside today. After a very long, hot, weekend, he wants us to stay put inside today...thank goodness...

I have devised a better plan for getting my walls painted...and will be working on that late this week and early next week...one that doesn't involve me trying to paint around two mischievous three year old boys, who are entranced by any open paint can...lol...

Til Then...

No comments:

Post a Comment